There are some penpal websites and groups that help those who are incarcerated get penpals to write them. Having someone to write while one is in prison provides comfort, the ability to communicate with someone on the outside, and in this case, a way to talk to someone on the outside who is a Pagan, Wiccan, Heathen, Odinist or other non-mainstream belief. Some states allow penpals, while others do not, but getting some information is a good start.
This page will provide you with links to websites and physical addresses that inmates can write to begin the process of gaining a Pagan penpal.
- LostVault: Prison Pen Pals – free penpal ads for prisoners
- Cell Pals – a family owned prison pen pal site
- In Touch for Inmates – relationships between inmates and free folks
- Friends 4 Prisoners – a pay service to connect inmates to free folks
- Inmate Mingle – making connections from the inside out
- Friends Beyond the Wall – paid prison penpal service
- Prison Penpals – another paid prison penpal service
- Black and Pink – LGBTQ Pagan-friendly site that offers penpal services
Here is a .doc file you can download that contains information on all the above services, along with additional information about submissions, costs, how to submit a penpal request that is likely to be answered, and more.